D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, October 07, 2005

Nabob Letter (2)

April 26, 1996

Nabob Coffee Co
Customer Service
3131 Lake City Way
Burnaby, BC V5A 3A3


Dear coffee connoisseurs,

I wrote to you on October 6, 1995, but have heard no response from your company. My original letter was addressed to Gerry Steele, but maybe he doesn't work there any longer. I am assuming that you did not receive my previous correspondence (copy enclosed), because a habitual six month delay in customer response time would probably put your business out of... well, business.

My questions were fairly simple: 1) My friend seems addicted to your coffee product - is there any cocaine in your Columbian coffee? 2) How is Juan Valdez doing? 3) Would it be possible to send a Nabob cap and t-shirt (XL) for Douggie and myself? When I wrote last time I was not a coffee drinker at all. There was, of course, pressure from my friend to start, so I began to experiment with different ways to consume your black, liquidy product. First I would pour exhorbitant amounts of sweeteners and cream into the coffee. That was OK, but it kept me up all night.Then I attempted to run orange juice through Douggie's coffee maker in lieu of straight H2O. That tasted sort of rancid! The breakthrough occurred when I poured perked Nabob coffee into my popsicle moulds at home (mmm, I love popsicles), put in toothpicks, froze them, and voila! Ice cold coffee on a stick! It's great! Please feel free to market this wonderful new item, as I require no compensation for the creation. "A new ice age for coffee lovers has dawned!"

Anyhow, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my letter. I truly am a coffee-holic today, even if it isn't in the conventional sense!

Thanks for "perking" up my mornings with a quick lick of coffee on a stick!

Beans, beans, the musical fruit,
Dairn M Peters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter