D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, September 30, 2005

In-N-Out Burger Letter

January 13, 1997

In 'n Out Burger - President or CEO
4199 Campus Drive - 9th Floor
Irvine, CA
92612

Dear Burger Buckaroos,

I almost never write letters to anyone, but I felt compelled to respond in some way to the ecstasy I experienced while enjoying one of your double-double deals at In 'n Out! I've had a difficult time finding the words to express my feelings for your restaurant since my first, and only, visit (so far). It was November 29th, my two colleagues and I had landed in L.A. that morning and were driving our rental car to Palm Springs for a big youth conference, but in need of sustenance, we stopped at this fast food joint with the big red sign & the weird name. Terence had heard good things about the place so we dined heartily (and to my surprise, economically). Descriptive words include: scrumptious, delectable, savory, piquant (that's Gordon's word), mouth-watering, stimulating, zesty, lively, spirited, passionate, relish, gusto, gratifying, mollifying, pleasing to the five senses (six for women), favourable, and most agreeable!

I realize that this list barely scratches the surface that is so very deeply In 'n Out Burger! Needless to say, we REALLY LIKE YOUR FOOD!!! Of course, all the youth at the conference (over 1700 of 'em) already knew about your wonderful product and were surprised that we had nothing like it up in Canada. Nothing at all! My question for you is do you expect to expand your heavenly franchise into the Great White North anytime soon? I know that there would be 30 million happy Canadians ready and willing to consume all that you can produce (and I think I'd work for you for free)!

It's not very often that I get down to California, so please consider the possibility of moving your restaurants up to me (am I really that selfish? When In 'n Out's involved, I guess so!). Is it at all possible to send me a burger to go and an In 'n Out cap? I would be proud to adorn my head with your company's logo!

Thanks again for making my trip most enjoyable, and congratulations on your great product!

Drooling as I type,
Dairn M Peters
PS I called your 800# and spoke to "Gary", he was very helpful and provided me with your corporate address.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail S. said...

Women have six senses?

Guess I never got that memo!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

i've never heard of the place.

i want to go there... its "zesty!"

(i love that word! ... though, my favorite descriptive word right now is "saucy.")

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter