D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Snapple Letter

September 5, 1995


Snapple Beverages
333 W. Merrick Rd
Valleystream, NY
11580


Dear succulent beverage suppliers,

I love Snapple Iced Tea!!! Finally a company has discovered a cure for my personal thirst disorder! I've tried everything from colas to lemonade. I even concocted my own mixture of Ovaltine and my grandma's special cold remedy (comprised of a bunch of stuff that would make a horse choke). Swallowing these ingredients while chewing a stick of Gatorade gum had a slight impact on my thirstiness ratio, but the side effects were profound to say the least (I'm still trying to see clearly out of my left eye!). With Snapple, I can open a bottle and sip it slowly over a period of time, or guzzle the sucker back so that it hits my throat with force. Both ways I am sufficiently satisfied!

The reason for my letter is more than just simple Snapple flattery, I would like to ask a question: How come the Snapple receptionist only shows American people in those funny Snapple commercials? We have TV up here in the Great White North too, and I think that if Snapple is to become a "truly universal" liquid of thirst refreshment, people need to see more than just the American public drinking it. I believe that we Canadians probably consume the same, if not more, Snapple product per capita as our friendly United States counterparts (do you keep those kinds of records?).

Please don't take me wrong, I love Snapple and I will drink it until I die, but a Canadian citizen (and/or Mexican) on a commercial would be a fantastic idea to promote harmony and brotherly love - or are you guys planning an attack shortly??? Please write back and let me know what you think of my suggestion. In the meantime I'll be lining up six flavours of Snapple in the fridge and creating a frosty "Snapple swamp water." Mmmm, mmmm good!

Toast the Tetley tea elves,
Dairn M Peters
PS Do you have a cap or t-shirt (XL) lying around that you could send my way? Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter