D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, September 16, 2005

Maglite Letter

July 24, 1996

MAG Instrument
1635 S. Sacramento Ave
P.O. Box 50600
Ontario, California USA
91761-1083

Dear flashlight friends,

This is a letter from a very impressed MAGLITE owner! A few weeks ago I was in the British Columbia back country hiking with a couple of my friends (Thomas & Gerald), when around sundown we stumbled upon a black bear cub. Now he was really cute and quite curious about us but we cautiously backed off because where a cub is, a mama bear will soon be also. And sure enough, mother bear arrived on the scene cutting off our intended escape route, and looking none too pleased! Being between a rock and a hard place is tough, but being between a 300 pound mother bear and her cub is downright scary! I'm still not sure why I did it, but I slowly pulled out my rusty (but trusty) MAGLITE and shone it at the growling bear. By some fluke I had the red lens in place, and for some crazy reason, the bear started whining and backing up. As I kept the red light shining in the bear's face, she slowly made a wide circle around us to her cub on the other side, all the while whining (crying?) and keeping a close eye on us. In a matter of seconds the bears were waddling away into the woods. I believe that my MAGLITE saved the lives of Tom, Gerry, and myself! The next day both of my friends bought your flashlights, still amazed by our unbelievable experience.

I found your address on a MAGLITE package and thought I should write and thank you for your lifesaving product. "Thanks!" Maybe the words "scares away bears who are mad and want to eat you" should be printed on your packaging somewhere??? I've had my flashlight for about 9 years now, and I'll never buy a different brand. You people are very much appreciated! Do you have a MAGLITE cap that you could send my way? I wouldn't mind at all advertising your fine product! Thanks for your response to my letter.

A dedicated "flasher",
Dairn M Peters

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail S. said...

Tom and Gerry? Like the ice cream? That's awesome!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Dairn said...

Actually, it's like the cartoon (y'know, the cat and mouse). Although Ben and Jerry would have worked too...! lol

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter