D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Starburst Letter

October 12, 1995

Starburst Candy
Effem Foods Ltd.
PO Box 640
Bolton, Ont
L7E 5S4

Dear "mouth-watering explosions of flavour" people,

I almost never write letters, especially to compliment a type of candy, but my wife and I LOVE Starburst fruit chews! It really is "refreshing fruit flavour" that tantalizes ones tasetebuds in a truly addictive way. When I chew on one of the California Fruits flavours I still feel like a kid after 42 years of growing up! To quote Tony the Tiger, "They're grrrreat!"

The reason for my letter is to not only compliment you on your fine product, but to suggest a new advertising campaign. Yesterday while watching a re-run of Saved By The Bell with my kids, Ronnie, Bonnie, and Kip, we saw a Starburst commercial with teens in a boring graduating ceremony. Boring, that is, until they each eat a Starburst fruit chew! I noticed the ad jingle you use is, "the juice is loose!" Maybe someone has already suggested this, but now that O.J. Simpson is free (or you might say loose), why not ask him to star in your latest advertising scheme? It would go great with your established jingle, and have a double meaning of it's own! When my wife, Shawnice, heard my suggestion she laughed and encouraged me to write to you, so here I am!

If your marketing department is anything like the one I work in, I know that they are probably not allowed to accept outside suggestions because of legal reasons. But please be assured that I don't require, nor want, any sort of compensation for my idea. I just thought I better let you know about it before the O.J. tie-in got stale. Please feel free to pursue this if it seems like something you could use.

Well that's all I wanted to say. It's time to change the twins, and Kips says "Hi". Thanks for taking the time to respond to my comments, I really appreciate it.

Bursting with anticipation,
Dairn M Peters
PS Do you have a cap or t-shirt (XL) that you could send for my wife? She'd be thrilled!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter