D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Kraft Dinner Letter

July 18, 1995

Kraft Canada Consumer Center
P.O. Box 1200
Don Mills, Ont
M3C 3J5


Dear pasta proteges,

I've been enjoying your Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for as long as I can remember. It is not only extremely enjoyable, but also very economical. My wife and I will often "load up" our cart with 60 days worth of your product at the grocery store so that we can afford to barbeque a steak dinner once during the summer. What a treat! Please don't ever change the recipe - we don't think that it could ever be improved upon!

I have to admit that I rarely write letters (to anyone, never mind a giant corporation like yourself), but through the gentle coaxing of my mother-in-law (bless her heart) I am writing to you today. You see, she also buys your wonderful food products and was preparing a meal the other day for the whole family (Kraft Cheese and Macaroni and ground beef, mmmm good!), when I noticed a band-aid on her thumb. Being the thoughtful son-in-law that I am, I asked her what happened. She explained that she always had to cut open the box of Kraft Marconi and Cheesie with a sharp serrated knife because on the side of the box where it says, "Push in here", there is a dotted line but no perforations, thus making it impossible to push open the packaging. So unfortunately, while trying to open the box, she cut herself. Then my wife (Desiree) chimed in by saying that she had broken her thumb nail (quite painfully, I might add) trying to open a box of Krafty Cheeze'n Macarini in the same manner. Your packaging has a dotted line and instructions, but no perforations in the box to aid in the opening process! Go, quick, try it and see for yourself!

I'm not the type to harp on someone, especially when it's the Karft Manicotti and Cheeses people, but my family all agreed that something should be said (and I guess I drew the short straw, so to speak). Please realize that we have absolutely no complaints about your product, just the manner in which it is wickedly packaged. Maybe something can be done about this?

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond.

Cheese pleases,
Dairn M Peters
PS Do you have a t-shirt (XL) you could send for my mother-in-law?

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail S. said...

So very true... I hate those not-so-perforated perforated lines.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

do you remember back in the day when it was "cheese and macaroni," not "macaroni and cheese"? Their ads boasted that their product was full of so much cheese, more than any competitor.

since they've changed to "macaroni and cheese" instead, it makes me wonder-- are they not cheesy anymore?

7:49 AM  
Blogger Dairn said...

How much cheese can one stuff into those little foil packets anyways? Someone probably called their bluff and they couldn't say they were more cheesey than the next generic brand (still, they're the best!).

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter