D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, August 26, 2005

Mentos Letter

June 24, 1998

Mentos Candy
Van Melle Canada Ltd
#114-3899 Steeles Ave West
Woodbridge, ON
L4L 4G9


Dear Men of Mentos (and women),

Mentos give me hiccups. I love them more than life itself, but they ALWAYS begin a prolonged attack of the most loud, annoying hiccups! Now that doesn't stop me from consuming the best treat on the planet (except maybe those soap candies from Ireland), but it bugs the heck out of everyone within earshot! Have you heard of this happening with other Mentos lovers? Is there some sort of hiccup-inducing ingredient within it's secret recipe? Do you keep any sort of consumption records, because I might eat more than any other person out there! In my average week, I probably down 2 to three boxes (36 pkgs each) of Mentos from the local Save-On-Foods bulk candy section. Is that some kind of record? This, of course, means I am hiccupping almost 24 hours a day. My wife, Sharla, has difficulty sleeping, and our dog, Rizzo, howls if he hears me. Help!

Please let me know if there is any way to stop the insanity without reducing my intake of your delicious candy. Also, I have a few new flavour suggestions for your company:
  • Licorice
  • Chocolate
  • Lemon Meringue Pie
  • Asparagus (for kids who won't eat their veggies!)
  • Liver & Onions
  • Niccotine (for smokers trying to quit)
  • Pimento Mentos (hot!)

Thanks for taking the time to peruse my letter. I'll be looking forward to your reply in response to my questions. Thanks so very much, from a devoted Mentos fan!

People think I'm drunk (hic),

Dairn M Peters

PS How about "Womentos"?

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail S. said...

There hasn't been a new letter in a long time! Did you run out? How very sad!
Excuse me as I go find a corner to cry in.... sniff, snuffle.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Dairn said...

There's no crying in blogging! (in my best Tom Hanks voice) I've got a few more to post this week. I just know enough to always leave 'em wanting more! :-P

9:17 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

Dang, you be smart!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter