D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Oakland A's Letter

September 27, 1996


Oakland Athletics
7000 Coliseum Way
Oakland, CA
94621-1918


Dear A-Team,

I have been an Oakland A's fan since my 5th birthday (9 years ago), and have watched all the games that I could over the years, mostly during Blue Jays telecasts because I'm in Canada. Recently a group of guys at my school were bragging about the Atlanta Braves and I told them that I didn't think they were the best team. They asked which team I liked best, and I triumphantly stated, "I am a proud Athletic's supporter!", and by the time I could say that the Oakland A's were definitely the best team in baseball, they were all laughing at me, rolling around on the ground holding their stomachs because they began to hurt from laughter! I asked them what was so funny, and they just pointed at me and called me an Athletic supporter. Of course, I agreed with them and said, "yes, I am an Athletic's supporter, so what?" AND THEY LAUGHED ALL THE HARDER!

I just want to write to you and tell you that your team doesn't get the proper respect that it deserves. I am ashamed of the way my Canadian "friends" were making fun of all the Athletic's supporters and jocks on the team that, in my opinion, could be the best home run team of all time!

Anyways, just thought I'd write and tell you that there is at least one major Athletic's supporter in Canada who will do his best to support and protect your reputation. Please continue doing a great job signing veterans and potential stars, I'd hate to see an A's jock strapped for cash, and then holding out or demanding a trade. That'd be awful!

Proud to be a supporter,
Dairn M Peters
PS Is it possible to send me an Oakland A's cap? Thanks a lot! (Please say "hi" to Mr. McGwire for me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter