D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Alaska Airlines Letter

June 26, 1998

Alaska Airlines
PO Box 68900
Seattle, WA
98168


Dear aviation authorities,

As long as I could remember, every trip I've taken has been with another airline (we'll just say it hasn't always been the most "friendly skies" during each flight). I don't know why, but this past May I was booked on Alaska Airlines for a trip down to LA from Vancouver. I was a little nervous at first because I hadn't heard much about you, but now I'm a believer! The flight was excellent, nay, superb! The service was second-to-none and the food was to die for (compared to the slime I was getting used to on that other "divided" airline). The captain even came to the back to greet everyone during the flight. You do have an autopilot feature, don't you? Needless to say, I'll be flying Alaskan from now on. Even your flight attendants are cute!

I do have a few suggestions and one question, however. The jet was a 737 and I had a window seat, which was nice. But to look out the windows I had to crank my neck down at a 90 degree angle, and tilt it to the right to see out of the little tiny portal. May I suggest moving all of the windows up 8-12 inches for a better view? Or maybe lowering the floor? Somehow I think I missed a lot of the great scenery one can find at 30,000 feet. Another suggestion would be to install a conveyor belt the length of the middle aisle. This would allow for the drink and food carts to be moved effortlessly without the dragging/pushing from the overworked attendants. Great ideas or what?

My final inquiry concerns the large portrait of Johnny Cash on the tail of your jets. At first I thought that each plane may feature the likeness of a different celebrity, but at LAX I saw that all of your aircraft show off the smile of the "man in black." Does he own the company? Has he paid a large promotional fee to spread the gospel of country and western twang? Will there be other musicians featured in the future (Randy Travis, Canada's Shania Twain, Bob Dylan, or even Meatloaf)? This would be a really novel idea, please let me know what you have planned!

Well, I just wanted to say, "job well done!" It's not often a company receives my personal praise, so let everyone know that they're great, and that you've got a committed AA'er on your hands for life! Please take some time out of your busy schedule to address my question and suggestions. Do you have an Alaska Air t-shirt (XL) for my son Philipé? Thanks a lot!

Landing gear is for wimps,
Dairn M Peters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter