D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Old Dutch Letter

July 10, 1995

Old Dutch Foods Ltd (Chip Div.)
100 Bentall St
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R2X 3Y5


Dear Crunchy Comrades,

Your chips are the best! My favourite flavours are barbeque and salt & vinegar. I am writing to you because I think that you could use a saying in your advertisements that my dad always says. He always says, "If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!" Could you use that as a slogan or something? I think your chip competition would be toasted! I think that my dad always says that because we originally came from the country where Dutch people come from (not Dutchland!), Germany or something. My dad grew up in Winnipeg and talks about skating on the Red River, then he moved out here to B.C. I've tried "Red River" cereal and I didn't like it, but that's not your fault.

Please write back and let me know what you think of my dad's saying. I'm glad the Jets are staying in your city. I like Selanne. Bye.

No chip on my shoulder,
Dairn M Peters
PS Could you send a cap or t-shirt (XL) for my dad and my brother Hans? (He helped me type this)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter