D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, June 27, 2005

ICBC Letter

July 17, 1998

Mr. T.M. Thompson - Pres/CEO
Insurance Corporation of BC
151 West Esplanade
North Vancouver, BC
V7M 3H9

Dear Insurance Icon,

Thank you very much for your kindly reminder about my vehicle storage insurance expiring soon, it's nice to know that someone is looking after me and my personal car insurance needs. Your letter outlining my premiums and deductible was appreciated, and I will make sure that my coverage is promptly extended.

However, needless to say, I was extremely disturbed by the final sentence of your letter, "Also, please note the following: Road Sense - it starts with you."

WHY ME??? Why was I chosen out of the thousands of BC drivers for this heavy responsibility, and do I have any legal recourse to decline this "supposed" honour? I am guessing that because of my exemplary road record and ICBC RoadStar status my name was bandied about by your team of insurance professionals, but isn't there anyone else? I'm only 28 for Pete's sake! My dad has a longer and possibly better record than me (except for that incident in 1979 with the chicken truck). Even my wife (Stella) would be a better choice. She's never had a speeding or parking ticket, and I've had plenty! Two of my dogs were run over when I was young - road sense just never seemed to run in the family! I haven't been able to sleep well since receiving your letter a few weeks ago, and I finally got up the courage to write back. Please think twice before making me the provincial example for all to follow!

Irregardless of your final decision, I have a few questions for you.

1. If Road Sense starts with me, is it something I can pass on to someone else fairly soon (like, "tag, you're it")? This would relieve SOME of the enormous pressure.

2. Do I get any monetary benefits with being chosen? (Maybe cold hard cash or no insurance payments for the rest of my lifetime?)

3. Do my criminal charges get wiped off my permanent record? (If you didn't know about them, please disregard this question)

Thank you so much for responding to my questions, and your reconsideration of me for this tremendous task. I will rest easier when I read your personal reply. Do you have an ICBC cap or t-shirt (XL) for my dad? He'd be thrilled! Thanks a lot.

Insured Confidently By Colt,
Dairn M Peters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter