D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, June 24, 2005

Mr. Submarine Letter (1)

August 11, 1995


Mr. Submarine
#208-3767 Norfolk St.
Burnaby, BC
V5G 1E3


Dear u-boaters,

I have been a submarine enthusiast since seeing Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea as a young child. Boy, that was a classic submarine epic, with the forces of good and evil battling to an awesome climax of danger and suspense (and, of course having a giant squid in the script never hurts!). I'd like to congratulate you on your dedication to submarine research. Anyone who has been named "Mr. Submarine" must be the epitome of underwater exploration. Jacques Cousteau, look out!

My letter is intended to not only be a congratulatory note, but to ask a question as well: "Can I get a job researching submarines with your (assumingly) extensive team of professionals?" I know that I possess the drive and determination required to join your corporation, and I believe that I also have a good handle on much of the knowledge required to be a contributing submarine analyst. You see, I've rented almost every movie made with submarines in them, from Das Boot to Hunt for Red October. I have seen Crimson Tide (with Gene Hackman) twice in the theatre, and have watched The Enemy Below on Sunday afternoon TV about four times! I think that I'm more than ready for my first assignment on the Mr. Submarine crew.

Please respond to my request by mail as I can't hear the phone ring while I'm in my pool practising for oceanic depressurization.

We all live in a yellow submarine,
Dairn M Peters
PS Could you send me a Mr. Submarine cap or t-shirt for my father-in-law? He's an ex-Navy commander and it would mean so much to him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter