D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, June 24, 2005

Mr. Submarine Letter (2)

September 21, 1995

Attn: Mr. Dan Jeffries
Mr. Submarine
#208-3767 Norfolk St.
Burnaby, BC V5G 1E3


Dear Captain Dan,

I wrote a letter to Mr. Submarine exactly 41 days ago (a nuclear sub could have travelled under the polar ice cap in that time), and I asked if he needed any help with his crew of submarine experts. I have heard no reply whatsoever, so that is when I got a hold of your name as someone who may be able to assist me.

Please respond to my letter (I enclosed a copy of the original) or pass it to someone who may be able to respond. I know that a lot of your time may be taken up out at sea (or under it, or whatever), and I am now, at this very moment, preparing to take job offers from Subway, Sub Stop, and Ned's Scuba World (a possible stepping stone to future submarine work, I'm sure).

Thanks for taking the time to answer my original letter and question. If you are not hiring at this time I will understand, but please don't leave me hanging.

"Darn the torpedoes",
Dairn M Peters
PS My father-in-law's birthday is coming up in early October and it would mean so much to him if you could send a Mr. Sub cap or t-shirt (XL). Do you have any?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter