D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

BiC Letter

September 18, 1995

BiC Corporation
Customer Service Dept
Milford, CT
06460


Dear plastic pen professionals,

BiC is the epitome of salvation for money conscious students across this great continent of ours! I love BiC pens! I love the simplistic way they look and feel in my hand, while still providing a smooth flow of ink from the ball point to the recycled paper I write on. Almost everyone I have ever spoken to has used a BiC pen at some point in their lives, so I am led to believe that BiC is the most popular (not to mention most reliable) pen on the planet. Take THAT Paper Mate! Long live the many colours and styles of BiC writing utensils!!!

The reason for my letter (I rarely, if ever, write letters) is due to a comment my sister-in-law, Shaloncia, brought up during a late night Rook game: "How come everyone chews the caps or ends of BiC pens?" Needless to say everyone was tired and a lot of weird things were said, but this question deserved some merit. I, while chewing my trusty blue, medium ink, BiC pen, had no answers for Shally (as her family calls her). I told her to write to you, but she thought it was a stupid question for which there may not be an adequate answer. So here I am, unbeknownst to her, writing to the BiC corporation asking if you know why people chew on your carefully crafted pens?

I, of course, will fully understand if you have no answer to our query, but an idea of Shally's struck me as ingenious: since so many people use BiC pens (and possibly chew on them), why not have flavoured caps on your wonderful products??? I think it would be a great idea for two reasons: FIRST, people wouldn't be sucking on that bland plastic flavour anymore, but a fruity (or whatever) flavour which could stir up one's taste buds as much as one's creative juices; and SECOND, more people would be chewing, so more pens would have to be purchased due to toothy wear and tear on your pens. You make more money, and the purchasing public gets more satisfaction out of using your product! Different flavour ideas could be mint, tootie-frootie, cinnamon, bacon, salt & vinegar, or even liver and onions for those with discerning tastes. Or what about nicotine flavoured pen caps for those trying to quit smoking? The possibilities are endless!

If possible, please write back and let me know what you think of Shally's idea. She will be absolutely thrilled when I pass on a letter from you to her regarding her question and suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to read a letter from a proud Canadian BiC pen user!


Think ink,
Dairn M Peters
PS Do you have a nice BiC cap or t-shirt (XL) that you could send for Shaloncia? Thanks again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter