D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Nerf Letter

July 22, 1996

Hasbro Promotions and Direct, Inc.
PO Box 9
Pawtucket, RI
02862-0009


Dear terrific toy people,

I am ecstatic about your fun, but safe, line of NERF toys! For the past few years I have been purchasing NERF products for the birthdays of my nieces and nephews. They just love the creative ways that they can have fun when using your soft, plush (and very safe) toys! Recently I purchased a NERF bow and arrow for my nephew, Jeffrey, and his joyous reaction prompted me to write you a letter and tell you how much I appreciate your company.

You see, about 17 years ago I was running in the house with a pair of scissors in my hand (I can't recall why I had the scissors, but you get the picture). Of course just as my wife (Joni) yelled at me, "don't run with scissors in your hand", I tripped over the foot rest in the living room (just like the Dick Van Dyke Show) and put my eye out. Well, since then, I haven't run with anything sharp, and I don't even like to hold anything with a pointy end! I sort of look like a pirate now (with my patch), and I try to teach kids a lesson that I learned the hard way. I am totally "sold" on the benefits of NERF products (no sharp pointy ends) and I let everyone know that they are safe and fun toys with which to play.

When I saw your address on the box of Jeffrey's toy, I just felt that I should write (I almost never write anyone because it's tough to focus with one eye). I enclosed my proof of purchase. Please accept my sincere gratitude for continuing to create such a fine product. Is it possible to send a NERF cap for my hat collection, and a couple of refill arrows for his toy? Thanks a lot for responding to my letter!

I'll keep an eye out for you,
Dairn M Peters
PS You guys are the greatest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter