D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, September 09, 2005

Rolo Letter

January 24, 1996

Nestlé - Rolo Candy
Box 7200
Willowdale B, Ont
M2K 2Z2

Dear chocolate connoisseurs,

I LOVE your Rolo chocolate and caramel candies, "the one you can roll to a friend!" In fact my whole family loves them (except Fernandez, because he's allergic to hydrolysed whey syrup)! Just the other day we finished off a pack of Rolos as a family, and my daughter, Marino, suggested that we write to you and tell you how much we like them. I gave her the lame excuse that we didn't have your address, but Watson (he's six) quickly pointed out that your address was on the wrapper. As well, the wrapper says "Questions?", so all of the kids (Watson, Tom, Marino, Dan, Fernandez, Joe and Mary), my wife (Ezmerelda), and myself put together a list of our most puzzling queries. I appreciate that your large corporation takes the time to answer such probing questions, and all the kids are looking forward to your "answer person's" response! I'll list the questions in order from the tallest to the smallest:

Tom asks: "Who's a better center in the NBA, Shaquille O'Neal or David Robinson?"

I was wondering: "With my '68 Valiant, would my gas mileage dramatically improve if I used premium unleaded instead of the cheaper stuff?"

Fernandez says: "I have a huge crush on Rikki Lake, do you have her address?"

Dan wants to know: "What's the population of Uganda?" I think he's doing a school report.

Marino has a math problem: "If plane A leaves Toronto at 3am and heads south at 155KPH, and plane B leaves Tampa Bay at 7am and heads north at 170KPH, at what time will they meet?" I think she may have left out a couple variables, but if you could do your best, great!

Ezmerelda asks: "What is the best way to marinate chicken for the barbeque?"

Mary wants to know: "Will New Kids on the Block ever have a comeback tour?"

Joe wonders: "Is Batman tougher than Spiderman?"

Watson blurts out: "Why is the sky blue?" Don't feel you have to answer that one, it's stumped us for quite a while!

Thanks for answering our questions. I have included a Rolo wrapper for reference.

A Rolo gathers no moss,
Dairn M Peters
PS Do you have a cap or t-shirt that you could send for the family? Thanks a lot!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky L said...

batman by NO MEANS is tougher than spiderman! think about it...

spiderman has superpowers. he's a true superhero! he can climb walls, shoot people with webs, swing around town with his web-ropes. and he's got super reaction timing.

batman has no superpowers. the only thing that makes him special is that he has tons of $ to make cool gadgets that he uses to fight crime.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter