D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Wunderbar Letter

July 17, 1996

Cadbury Canada Ltd.
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
M6J 3L9


Dear chocolate gods in the east,

As I write, I am finishing off another one of your fantastically wonderful WUNDERBAR chocolate bars! I hardly ever write to anyone, but I had a couple questions for you, and I felt that a massively huge "THANKS" was in order considering you make the world's best peanutty-chocklitty-caramel treat (and you can quote me on that)!

My first question is how do you get the awesome peanut butter-like substance inside each WUNDERBAR??? Now, I'm sure you get asked about the Caramilk secret all the time (that's easy, it's done with tine elves - everybody knows that!), but I don't care about Caramilk. I LOVE WUNDERBARs! My theory is that you inject the creamy peanut butter-like substance into the hardened, tubular-shaped toffee-ish stuff, and then douse it in a coating of delightfully milky liquid chocolate. Am I close?

Secondly, a certain friend (who shall remain nameless - OK we'll call him "Terry") wanted me to ask a ver dumb question: Have you ever had legal complications with Playtex, the makers or Wonderbra? See, I told you it was a stupid thing, but I promised him I would ask. I guess he thinks that WUNDERBAR could be too close a name to that other certain ladies under garment thingy. My wife (Griselda) believes that Playtex has been around a lot longer than Cadbury, but I argued quite convincingly the opposite (WUNDERBAR has been described throughout history as the "nectar of the gods", "forbidden fruit in the Grden of Eden", and "the breakfast of champions"). I wholeheartedly support WUNDERBAR and Cadbury in general, and believe that if anyone must do a legal name change it should be the piddly people at Playtex. Of course, I'm sure they could garner plenty of bra "support", but I would stick with you folks (cross my heart!) until the day I die.

Anyhow, I really just wanted to let you know how grateful I am that you make WUNDERBAR, and that I eat about a dozen each week (do you keep consumption records? Am I the best WUNDERBAR fan in the world, or what?). I thank you for taking the time to read my long-ish, sort of babbling letter, but I want you to know that you are appreciated. Is it possible to send a WUNDERBAR (or Cadbury) cap my way? I don't mind at all advertising such a fine product as yours! Thanks for your response.

Wonderful, wonderful, WUNDERBAR!
Dairn M Peters

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky L said...

WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?!?!?
you have been gifted with a very special talent.
seriously.

wunderbar, wonderbra, wunderbar, wonderbra...
they are very similar, arent they?

10:06 PM  
Blogger Dairn said...

Haha, thanks Becky! Some people would definitely categorize me as "gifted"! ;-)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

" I'm sure they could garner plenty of bra "support" "
That's awesome! bra support! hillarious!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter