D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Mojo Letter

June 11, 1996

MOJO Candy
Taveners Pic
Liverpool L7 OHA
England


Dear chewy candy companions,

I love Mojo candies! I've been eating them since I was a kid and have enjoyed the wide variety of flavours packed in a little chewy gem. Mmmmm! I write to you for two reasons: First, I wanted to simply congratulate you on your fine product, and ask that you never stop sending them to Canada (no matter what the French-Canadians say about the English). Second, I need to ask about the phonetic pronunciation of the word "Mojo". I have two friends who say Mojo differently than I do. One friend is from Mexico (Manuel), and he pronounces the 'J' with an 'H' sound, Mo-ho. My other friend, Svend, is Swedish or Danish or Finnish (or some kind of ish), and he says "Mo-yo", with a 'Y' sound. Of course, I pronounce it with a 'J' sound like ju-jube, jelly bean, and Ajax (the North American cleaning product, not the soccer team over your way). Please be kind enough to clear up this confusing mess for us. Thanks a lot! Also, could you send a Mojo cap or t-shirt for my friends? They would be really thrilled!

Thanks again for responding to my queries. Cheerio!

Re-elect Prime Minister John "Mojo"!
Dairn M Peters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter