D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Thursday, October 13, 2005

GAP Letter

November 19, 1996

Londonderry GAP
West Regional Office
137 - 66 St.
Edmonton, AB
T5C 3C8


Dear clothing kings,

I alomost never write letters to anyone, especially worldwide outlet stores, but a friend of mine prompted me to send you a note. She (Patty) does ALL of her shopping at your GAP stores here in the Vancouver area. She loves your products and CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THEM! Patty has probably purchased enough clothing to put all of the children of the GAP's middle management team through college (to become great future GAP managers, no doubt)! She is such an expert on your merchandise that she can look at a perfect stranger, tell me what his sizes are and what he would look good wearing, and then give me the total cost of a new GAP wardrobe in a matter of seconds - including taxes!!! It's uncanny! Everyone who works here at the senior's home loves the GAP!

Well, yesterday I asked Patty what "GAP" stood for? And she went completely blank. My question stumped her, so we asked around, and here are some of the answers we received:

- Girls Are Pretty?
- Good All-round Pants?
- Goofy And Pluto?
- Gals And Pals?
- Guarantees Are Par-for-the-course?
- Guaranteed Anti-Plaid?
- Something to do with the Gap Theory?
- It was orginally "Garp" but the sign maker left out the "r" by mistake?
- Guys Are Poopy? (a bitter, relationship-starved woman, no doubt)

Are we close on any of these? Patty and I would really appreciate any response you could send in regards to "what does GAP mean?" My personal opinion is that it has something to do with the space between David Letterman's teeth!

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. Is it possible to send a nice GAP cap to me, and maybe a t-shirt (XL) for Patty? We would be proud to promote your company and bridge the "gap" between those who buy your merchandise and those who only think about it!

Gapping my plugs,
Dairn M Peters

4 Comments:

Blogger Abigail S. said...

I always wondered that, too!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

i have a GAP story.

quite ironic, b/c i was planning on blogging about it today.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

Where'd you go?

Did you run out of letters? We miss you!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Dairn said...

Hi, I'm back.

Yeah, I am running low on letters, but I think there are about a dozen more or so (some, not very exciting).

When I run out, I'll let you know...

:-)

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter