D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Heinz Pork And Beans Letter

June 26, 1996


H.J. Heinz Company of Canada Ltd
Consumer Services
Suite 2100 - 5700 Yonge St.
North York, ON
M2M 4K6

Dear bean virtuosos,

I've been enjoying your Heinz "Boston Style Beans with Pork in Molasses Sauce" for as long as I can remember. It is not only extremely enjoyable, but also a very high source of dietary fibre and iron. I'm not one to complain about anything whatsoever, but until a friend of mine (Li-Li) pointed it out, I had not noticed that there was only one piece of pork in your 398 ml (14 oz) cans of "Beans with Pork". Now I, of course, defended you immediately saying that the pork was only to enhance the flavour of the beans, but she argued that one couldn't really taste the pork flavour and that more would be better. I was speechless. She was right, more WOULD be better. Could you please answer the question that has completely boggled us since last week, "why is there only one piece of pork in your "Beans with Pork?" Could it be that you had to use Babe the pig this year and he was only big enough for a little piece in each can? ("There were no pigs harmed or hurt during the filming of this motion picture, just cut up and sparingly packed into tins of baked beans!" Ha ha!) I have included a label for your reference.

Thanks for taking the time to answer our question, it is really appreciated. Could you possibly send a Heinz cap (or "beanie") of some kind for my friend? She would love it! Thanks again.

We love your stuff!

"Mr. Bean for President"
Dairn M Peters
PS How about this for a new slogan: "Bean there, done that!" Catchy, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Stever said...

i've made it my mission to get free stuff from Telus and other billing agencies... not by lying, but by using fact-based arguments about their service and other loop holes I have discovered. Just this month we got $70 taken off of our cel phone bills since we were promised "no activation fee" by a telus rep several months ago.

During the telus strike I was moving. Since I didnt want to pay for internet, I called them up to change the line and insisted that the new place had no current line -- thus forcing them to send out a tech... but wait, those guys are on strike. This saved me exactly $200 off my final bill.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Beth Danae said...

are these corporate reply letters for real? very funny.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Dairn said...

Haha, yeah, they are real Beth. Hope you enjoy reading them (some of the best ones are in the archives).

:-)

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter