D mail

Actual letters I have written and the actual responses I have received. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Buffalo Sabres Letter

August 15, 1995

John Muckler - Buffalo Sabres GM
Memorial Auditorium
Buffalo, NY
14202

Dear Grand Poobah,

The Sabres have been my favourite team for my entire life and I've always wanted to write you folks since I was a young kid, but just never got around to it. Until now, that is! I'd like to congratulate you, Mr. Muckler, on your awesome deal to get rid of Alexander Mogilny (or "dead weight", as I've been calling him), and fleece the Vancouver Canucks in the process! Yes, I am from the Vancouver area, but Buffalo has been my favourite team for many reasons. Of course, Vancouver's horrendous sub-par years (14 losing seasons in a row) during the 70's and 80's are a big part of my local team's dislike. And Buffalo's consistent improvement since joining the NHL during the same year as Vancouver is another major reason for my "disloyalty", as my friends call it!

Mr. Muckler, in Mike Peca you have stolen perhaps the best bundle of untapped talent to come into the NHL since Gretzky joined the league! I've seen him in training camps and in games, and I'm convinced that he is the next great impact player for your team. Of course he will have to play behind Pat Lafontaine, but I believe that he will mature into a player that will amaze all of the other GMs and coaches in the league. You can now plan to pick-a-Peca professional titles over the next 10 years! What a steal!

This note is more than a congratulatory essay, I wonder if you would allow me to ask how the Buffalo Sabres got their name? I hope that it was not due to the senseless slaughter of buffalo by the sword! I am against the killing of any animal (except maybe those Siamese cats or yappy poodles), but since the buffalo is my favourite animal, it would just turn my stomach if your team name had a historically-cultural-slaughter-type theme. Do you know that here in Vancouver some restaurants serve buffalo wings?! Isn't that simply disgusting, to pull off those poor creatures' wings like they were insects to be toyed with? (Do buffalo have wings? They must be pretty big to get those behemoths off the ground!) Anyways, please respond to my question when you get a few spare minutes - I know that you will be busy preparing for the upcoming run at the Stanley Cup!

Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. Let's go Buff-a-lo!!

Buffalo gals are cuter,
Dairn M Peters
PS The Buffalo Bills NFL team sent me a real cool cap, maybe there's one lying around your office that you can send me for my exclusive Buffalo collection? Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter